Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Update 2005-06-28

An email from Allen: "I have completed a set of baseline drawings for the theater. Both a ground plan and a centerline section. The only data missing is circuit layout. I am hoping to get into the space during one of the days that it is dark in July to map out the circuits and update everything. I have prints ready for Tommy (and Chad if he would like a set) as well as a set to give back to the theater for future users. I have a rough list of cues for the first act complete and working thru the second. I'm looking forward to the designer's meeting......"

Allen is da bomb for volunteering to do this work so thoroughly and for giving something back to the theatre (since this is going to be the biggest thing that the space has seen to date).

And, we also are pleased to announce our props mistress: Joan Cohen! She comes to us with credits all over Central Florida, not the least of which is the Wekiva Players whom she has already gotten to agree to lend us any props we may need. I first met Joan when she helped with our backstage work, props, and box office for Baby Jane! the musical comedy last year (produced by The Hat Box Revue) It is so nice to see her shining face again and have her on board with this great team.

Tonight's first read-through was wonderful. The talent we have in this show is top-notch, and I am so proud to have each and every one of these actors involved. The actors names are now proudly displayed in the sidebar. I will be sending them invitations to join in this blog as soon as we are sent a cast email list.

Tomorrow night: EDITING THE SCRIPT WITH CHAD. This is where we will be doing our last re-write so that there won't be any concerns about changes during the production. I'm already trying to prepare myself to let go of things I won't necessarily want to... it's all a part of the process...

But with the actors involved, this is where it starts getting REALLY EXCITING for me. (Even when I have to read the part of the Rabbi in arguably my worst accent: Eastern European.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home