Friday, June 03, 2005

We have a production meeting planned for next Wednesday, June 8th, to assemble the artistic staff together and prepare for auditions. I can't wait. That we have so many talented people on board still gives me the warmest of warm-fuzzies.

Our friend Allen Overlander is interested in doing the lighting design, and once he & Chad have a chance to meet & talk, that will most likely be locked in. Allen ran the light board for Leaving Neverland, our first full-length play that was done at Theatre Downtown in October 1999. He was also our beloved sound-cue-God during My Big Fat Gay Wedding. It was an hour-long show with 20 songs and sound cues... we knew that would be asking a lot from one of the Fringe techies, so we came with. I remember being so amused at a rehearsal during tech week when I realized he was lip-synching our songs as we performed. He heard them so damned much, how could he not know the words by heart?

Speaking of which, Steve, I am starting to work on the lyrics for the "Love Theme From Sons Of The Revolution" that we're going to surprise Chad with...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home